Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wedding Planning

As some of you know I am planning a wedding this summer. I'm sure you are now wondering either, whose wedding or aren't you already married. Well, yes it's my wedding, and yes we have been married for over 3years. However, we didn't have a wedding we got married at the court house. So now I want to have it all, the white dress, the party and all that jazz. So we are on our way. I would show pictures but that would involve giving my dress away to Billy and seeing how he thinks that's bad luck, yes even though we are married. I'll just settle for telling about it.

So we have our date Sept 12. ( Mark your calenders). We have the dress, the dinner menu's, the band, wedding party and colors. We just picked the wedding invitations yesterday, now we are finalizing the guest list. Which is a task, considering Billy can't remember all 60 names of his cousins and their spouses. Not a problem for me I have two cousins. So we are on our way to having the wedding I always dreamed of.

For everyone who has planned a wedding by themselves, Kudos.... I had no idea! all the details that go unoticed, unless you've planned a wedding before. So thanks to my maid of honor Kate for helping me every day and never getting tired of talking wedding stuff. Here is to Christina who hates this stuff and continues to be supportive and buy bridal magazines. Thanks to Megan for responding to ALL of my emails with color's, flower's, dresses, shoes etc.... your opinion has been priceless!

2 comments:

Megan and Jon said...

Ahhh Mel I really love you, there is nothing I would do to try and help you because I treasure our friendship. Plus who doesn't love to talk about flowers and wedding stuff. I am so excited that you are finally getting the wedding or your dreams. It is going to be so beautiful.

Dave and Chalene said...

I can't wait to come and see you guys! Even though I am not there to help with all of the details I do love the "speaker phone" calls, that catch me up on things. It's going to be gorgeous! Love you!